How to perform different injections Peptides Cyprus
Subcutaneous injections are administered in the fat layer, underneath the skin.
Subcutaneous injection is administered on to fatty tissues under the skin. the fatty layer is situated immediately beneath the skin and contains few blood vessels. the subcutaneous shot is shallower compared to injections on muscle tissues. Subcutaneous injection is suitable for administering medications that are slowly absorbed in the bloodstream. Examples of such medication is insulin, some fertility drugs, and blood thinners.Subcutaneous injection is safe and requires little force as compared to intramuscular injections. The few blood vessels on this fat layer make it ideal for drugs that need to be absorbed and used slowly in the body. Mostly, the drugs that are to be administered daily are designed suitably for subcutaneous injection since it’s simple.
How to perform subcutaneous injection
• Choose areas such as thigh, top of buttocks, back of the arm or the abdomen. These areas are known to be fatty. When you are doing the injections severally, it’s important to rotate the injection areas to for complete healing. Don’t inject one area frequently.
• Ensure your hands are clean, and clean the injection area too. Use alcohol pad to clean. After clean, allow the area to dry.
• Use the needle to draw medicine into the syringe. Usually, you turn the vial upside down and pull the plunger to suck the drug. Ensure the syringe is free of bubbles by tapping it.
• Pitch a 2-inch thick skin of the fatty area within your thumb and a finger.
• Slide the needle at 90 degrees into the skin.
• Push the plunger quickly.
• Remove and safely dispose of the needle.
Intramuscular injections are delivered into the muscle.
• Assess the medical history and the current condition of the patient for administration of an intramuscular injection. You can discuss with the patient to obtain this information.
• Ask the patient about the part of the body he would prefer to have the injection.
• Choose the site that is most suitable for the injection depending on the type of the drug.
• Ensure you have done the injection rightly.
• Prepare the medication following the recommended procedures and medical instructions.
• When ready, use alcohol pads to clean the injection area and allow it to dry.
• Inject the selected and cleaned area.
• After the injection removes the needle and disposes of it safely.
• Use adhesive bandage or cotton balls on the injected area to manage the blood oozing.
The method is suitable for administering anaesthetics.Conclusion